A few weeks ago, P and I hosted our housewarming party. I really wanted to be able to enjoy the party, so made a lot of things that could be made in advance and served at room temperature. These cake popsicles were so easy and extremely delicious!! Not to mention, they’re super cute! Try them out!
– 1 box cake mix (chocolate or vanilla, or whichever flavour is your fave!)
– popsicle sticks
– white or milk melting chocolate
– store bought frosting to max colour of cake
1) Using a BOX cake mix – I know, sinful in the kitchen, but the consistency is SO much better, mix all of the ingredients together and bake in a shallow pan
2) When cake is finished (when you insert toothpick and it comes out clean), remove from oven and let cool.
3) When cool, crumble cake mix and half a container of store bought frosting. After letting chill for 30 mins in the refrigerator, roll into balls and insert popsicle stick.
4) Let newly formed cake popsicles chill in fridge for at least 1 hour so they form solid balls.
5) Melt white or milk chocolate over double boiler:
6) Dip cake popsicles in chocolate, and then immediately in sprinkles:
Voila!! The finished product. Next time, I’m going to try vanilla cake with dark chocolate on top!! MMM…can’t wait!