One of the easiest pastas you will ever make is pasta aglio e olio. Simple in every way, and incredibly delicious.
Linguini Aglio E Olio
400g linguini (or any pasta you like, I only had linguini on hand)
1/3c olive oil
4 big garlic cloves, minced or crushed
pinch of chili flakes
2tbsp minced parsley
1) Cook linguini in salted walter until cooked the way you like it
2) Heat oil in sauce pan over very low heat. Throw in garlic, chili flakes and cook until soft
3) Remove frying pan from heat and add noodles when cooked.
4) Season with salt and pepper
5) Serve hot with pecorino or parmesan