|perfect with a big mug of tea on those crisp fall days|
Pumpkin Spice Muffins (Joy of Cooking)
prepares 1 dozen muffins
– 2 C all-purpose flour
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp grated or ground nutmeg
– 2 large eggs
– 1 C milk
– 1 C sugar/packed light brown sugar
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 400F and put the baking sheet in the middle rack.
2. Line muffin pan with liners.
3. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. The batter should not be smooth.
6. Divide among muffin tins.
7. Bake for about 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.