|Sautéing Celery + Onions + Parsley|
|Adding the Leeks|
|With Garlic Croutons|
Chicken Noodle Leek Soup (my own recipe)
1 breast of chicken
1 cup of chicken stock
2 cups of water
4 sprigs of rosemary
Dash of pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, chopped
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 stems celery, chopped
1 head broccoli, separated into florets
1 yellow pepper, chopped (optional)
1. Add chicken, stock, water, rosemary, garlic and pepper to pot. Bring to boil and cook chicken breast through (20 minutes).
2. Remove chicken and broth. Set aside.
3. Add olive oil to the pot. Sauté the leek, parsley onion and celery. Sprinkle with salt. Sauté for about five minutes.
4. Add the chicken and broth back in.
5. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, add broccoli and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add in your favourite cooked noodle.
Serve with garlic croutons!
Tomorrow on the blog, I’ll highlight the garlic croutons that I added to the soup. These croutons are great on everything from soup to pasta to salads. Here’s to rain (trust me, I know I’ll be taking this back in a few weeks).