There is nothing like a few jewels of cherry tomatoes to get you through the beginning of a very rainy fall. I picked these up a week ago at the farmer’s market and they were begging to be incorporated into a simple, throw together dish. Here is what I did. I guarantee you have most of these ingredients on hand!
Cherry Tomato Pasta (Serves 2)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1 pinch pepper
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 tbsp parsley, chopped finely
spaghetti (or whichever noodle you’d prefer)
grated parmesan/pecorino romano to taste.
1. Heat oven to 400F.
2. Toss the cherry tomatoes, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper together and lay on baking sheet.
3. Roast cherry tomatoes for 30 minutes, or until caramelized, not dry.
4. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
5. When there are ten minutes left for your tomatoes, place pasta in pot.
5. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat with garlic cloves until cloves are fragrant
6. Ladle 1/2 cup of pasta water into pan, add the parsley. Stir. Let reduce slightly, until about half the water is there.
7. When the pasta is al dente, take it directly from the pot to the pan with tongs. Stir pasta around in the garlic/parsley sauce.
8. Add tomatoes and cheese.
9. Serve immediately with more cheese.
Have a great week!