Continuing on our trend of delicious and guilt-free recipes, may I present one of my favourite things to do with chicken breast. I always have chicken breasts in the house because they provide a perfect palette for an array of amazing recipes. Sometimes, I pound out the breasts and fry them with just a simple dusting of flour. Other times, I stirfry cubes of chicken breasts with a little soy sauce, garlic, oil and vegetables. However, one of my favourite ways to cook these versatile cuts of meat is to pound them and fry them in a little oil with panko breadcrumbs. Sometimes I add herbs, and today I decided to add some mustard. I am thrilled with the result and plan to make these again and again. I hope you do too!
Mustard Chicken Cutlets
2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
1 cup flour
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp of dijon mustard
1 tbsp of minced fresh rosemary
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup panko crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Arrange a breading station with 3 plates in a row on your counter.
2. Mix garlic, mustard, rosemary, salt and egg together well.
3. On the first plate, place your flour.
4. On the second plate, place mustard mixture.
5. On the third plate, place your breadcrumbs.
6. Take each breast of chicken and place in each plate. Put aside.
7. In a big frying pan, put 1/2 inch of coconut oil. Heat over medium.
8. When the oil is hot, put chicken in and fry for 4 minutes each side. Watch to make sure the breadcrumbs don’t get too brown.
Enjoy with a side of greens!