Do you remember when I asked you all about your favourite waffle recipe? Well, I have some exciting news, I have created the best waffles I’ve ever had. These waffles have that something extra, that reason to get you out of bed on a Saturday morning to whip up something special for your loved one or a special treat for yourself 🙂
This one is just…unparalleled! I hope you have an amazing weekend, filled with delicious meals, sleeping in, and productivity! xo
PS – please vote for me on the side –>
Lemon Blueberry Waffles
1 egg, separated into two separate bowls
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
zest from 1 lemon
100 ml milk
30g salted, melted butter
50ml cold water
1) Heat waffle iron
2) Mix together flour, baking powder, brown sugar, vanilla powder, and lemon zest.
3) Add 1/2 of the milk, melted butter and egg yolk, stirring quickly to combine and make smooth.
4) Add next 1/2 of milk and water
5) Whip egg whites so that they are forming stiff peaks.
6) Fold egg whites into batter. Add blueberries/frozen berries (as many as you desire)
7) Place 1/3 cup batter into your waffle iron.
8) Sift a little bit of powdered sugar on the top.
9) Serve with butter and syrup (if desired)