This recipe is one of those ones that you can whip up at a moment’s notice on the weekend, and make a little extra for the week (unless you’re going on a juice cleanse, which by the way is ending at noon!) These muffins are moist, somewhat nutritious, and absolutely delicious. They’re perfect for a Sunday morning with some tea and a little butter, or to throw in your briefcase or backpack for a mid-morning snack at work/school.
Banana Blueberry Muffins
4 ripe bananas
1.5 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 C brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C frozen or fresh blueberries
1) Melt and cool butter.
2) Mash bananas in small bowl with sugar, egg, butter (cooled), vanilla.
3) Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices to a larger bowl.
4) Fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture.
5) Add blueberries.
6) Add 1/4 C of mixture to each muffin cup.
7) Bake at 350F for about 30 mins.