I was recently invited by VanEats to check out their new $15 tasting menu at Eight 1/2 Restaurant Lounge and boy am I glad they invited me! Situated just west of Main St. on Eighth Ave., it is a convenient spot for friends to catch drinks, watch the game, or even grab a nice dinner with a date (like I did last night!)
To start off, you get a really cute flight of Brun and Amber beer. I liked both, but definitely preferred the Amber due to its floral notes and ease of drinking. The Baked Brie appetizer was wrapped in phyllo pastry, drizzled with a little bit of chili oil, and served with a sliced strawberry and apple. It was so good and I will definitely try to recreate this at home! The mixture of the flavours were really incredible. The 8th Ave pizza was also amazing. It was a perfect size and had so many different flavours that really worked well together: spicy sausage, creamy cheese, sour banana peppers, and savory mushrooms. I would absolutely order all of these things again. I can’t wait to go back!
The menu below is available for $15 until May 4th. It’s a great deal and absolutely delicious!
- Flight of Stanley Park Brewery Belgian Style Beer,
- 2 “Ambers”, subtle toasted malt, lightly hopped, exceptionally clean finish
- 2 “Bruns”, distinctive dried fruit aromatics, complex chocolate, roasted nut and malt biscuit
- Your Choice of Appie:,
- “Tortilla Soup”, chicken, black beans, corn, avocado, tortilla crisps, mozzarella (gluten free)
- “Baked Brie”, filo wrapped brie, local honey, sambal oelek, candied apple
- “Dungeness Crab Cakes”, served with lemony yogurt and arugula
- You Choice of Thin Crust Pizza,
- “8th Avenue”, hot calabrese, chorizo, banana peppers, and sautéed mushrooms
- “Market Place”, roasted vegetables, goat cheese, torn basil, sundried tomato base
- “Wild Smoked Salmon”, BC smoked salmon, creamy dill, capers, red onion, craisins
Let me know if you’ve tried any great restaurants lately 🙂