On about Tuesday afternoon, on a weekly basis, I tend to start planning my meals for the weekend. Crazy? Maybe. Weird? Maybe. Organized? Always. If you know me, you know that planning is in my blood. I wake up planning the day, and go to bed planning the next day. It’s a little bit of a vicious cycle, but I always get stuff done! I always have to tell myself to enjoy the journey, and live in the present, but it’s a challenge for sure. One thing that does slow me down is a lazy brunch on a sunny Saturday morning. I made this kale frittata last weekend and it’s rusticity and nostalgia for Italy served in the copper pan was the perfect distraction from my to do list. Bonus? It was easy.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 bunch kale, de-stemmed, washed, and coarsely chopped
6 beaten eggs
2 tbsp parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat up olive oil over medium heat with garlic and red pepper flakes.
2. Add the kale, and cover for 5 minutes.
3. Add eggs. As the bottom cooks, lift it up with a spatula and lean the pan so that the raw egg gets cooked.
4. Add parmesan and put under broil for about 2 minutes, before it starts to brown.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
Here’s to day dreaming about food!