Ever since my friend gave me the new Gwyneth Paltrow cookbook (Thanks, Laura!) I have been obsessed with reading and re-creating the recipes. One of the things that I love about new cookbooks is the inspiration they provide to take into our daily meals. While we may not have GP’s budget, we can take her inspiration and transform it into meals that are practical, and healthy for everyday cooking for your friends, loved ones, and family.
Here is my, more accessible, version of Gwyneth’s Korean Corn. I made with all of the ingredients I have in my pantry already, which is the way I love to cook on a weeknight. I served this with a great rosé and some grilled prawns.
Grilled Korean Corn
Serves 4 as a side dish
4 ears of corn, husked
sriracha (to taste)
half of a lemon, juiced
4 tbsp of butter, melted
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Turn grill onto medium-high.
2. Brush corn with a little bit of olive oil.
3. Melt butter, let cool.
4. Whisk in sriracha and lemon.
5. When corn is somewhat charred and cooked through (10 minutes), brush on sriracha mixture.
6. Top with chopped parsley.