This past weekend, I was craving something healthy and delicious. Usually when this happens, I make a salad and top it with fried chickpeas. It’s a great way to punch up a salad that tastes too plain to feel delicious. When I want to be even healthier, I roast these chickpeas in a little olive oil and salt. Last weekend, however, I fried these up in a little bit of grapeseed oil and added them to a salad with creamy avocado and ripe tomatoes. It was the perfect beginning to summer.
Mixed Greens with Crispy Ceci
Serves 2 as a main, 4 as a side
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 handfuls of green
1 avocado, diced
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp onions, sliced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 pinch of salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1) Pat down chickpeas so that they are very dry.
2) Heat grapeseed oil over medium high. When hot, add chickpeas. Flip periodically.
3) Add greens, avocado, tomatoes and onions to salad bowl.
4) Whisk lemon, red pepper flakes, salt and olive oil to create dressing.
5) Add dressing to salad.
6) When chickpeas are crispy, drain excess oil and top salad.
Have a great day!