In the summer I tend to stick to lighter meals – chicken or fish grilled on the barbeque and a side of veggies. However, I’m never one to turn down lamb and when I found these I knew that I wanted to have a light summer meal, complete with Swiss Chard from the Farmer’s Market. Most people don’t consider red meat light, but when eaten sporadically I think it’s completely fine to integrate it into your health plan.
How beautiful is this Swiss Chard? I was so impressed with it, and I can’t wait to get my hands on another bunch this weekend!
Grilled Lamb Chops
4-5 lamb popsicles
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 sprig rosemary, chopped
1 small bunch basil, chopped
1 small bunch parsley, chopped
half of a lemon, juiced
half of a lime, juiced
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 small pinch red pepper flakes
1 small pinch of salt and pepper
1. Add all of the ingredients into a sealed plastic bag. Marinate 4 hrs – overnight.
2. Heat grill to medium high. Brush lightly with olive oil.
3. When hot, grill for 2 minutes/side.
Sautéed Swiss Chard
serves 2 as a side
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 bunch swiss chard, sliced, with leaves and stems separated
1 pinch salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. When hot, sauté garlic clove and red pepper flakes until fragrant.
2. Add stems, cook for 5 minutes until just soft.
3. Add leaves, cover for 4 minutes. Mix.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add swiss chard to a plate and top with lamb.
Have a great day…it’s almost Friday!