I hope you all had a great week! I’m still daydreaming about Italy, so I thought I would continue my travel guides this week with a guide to my favourite city in the whole world, Florence. While I love all of Italy, and there are a lot of amazing cities in this world, there is a special place in my heart for Florence. It’s small enough that you can walk around without getting lost, and it’s big enough that there’s always something to do. High on my list? Going to one of the Piazzas at night, finding a local haunt, ordering a glass of vino and enjoying some great music. Below are my favourite places to eat/drink/see, and some references that I always consult before choosing activities. Happy daydreaming!
1) Trattoria 4 Leoni: My favourite restaurant in Florence, this one is filled with locals and amazing food. Order whatever is on special and enjoy the nightly music performers in the square. Make a reservation.
2) Il Latini: Great with a group and you will not leave hungry. Endless amounts of food in a fun setting. You’ll have to line up for the seating, and make sure you make a reservation.
3) Il Pizzaiulolo: Hands down one of the best pizza places in Florence.
4) Osteria Del Cinghiale Bianco: You must try the wild boar pasta.
1) Fuori Porta Wine Bar: Try this place on the way to see Florence from the Piazzale Michaelangelo. The wine list and setting are both out of this world.
2) St. Regis Grand Hotel: While you may pay a little more for a drink here, the view of the Arno River makes it totally worth it. I love the cocktails with Prosecco; there is one with raspberry and one with orange, and both are great.
3) Volume in Piazza Santo Spirito: We had one of our best nights at this bar. There was a live band and my cousin got up to sing! Very memorable and I can’t wait to get the chance to go back there.