Whenever I have tomatoes from the farmer’s market, I am tempted to eat them all in the most simple way possible: popped into my mouth as a snack. While I love the burst of flavour and enjoying them in their natural state, I also love the taste of tomatoes with pasta (who doesn’t?) When flipping through the latest issue of Bon Appetit, there was an amazing Sun Gold Tomato recipe, and I decided to use it as inspiration for my pint of cherry tomatoes.
Cherry Tomato Pasta
Serves 4 as a side, 2 as a main
2 tbsp olive oil
1 spring onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
a handful of basil
2 sprigs of parsley
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved (all should be around the same size)
4 tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
12 oz fettuccine or linguine
freshly grated parmesan
1) Heat the olive oil over medium until glistening. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until soft.
2) Add basil and parsley, stir.
3) Add tomatoes and vinegar. While cooking, slightly press the tomatoes to release juices. Cook for about 15 minutes or less if you prefer a more raw flavour.
4) Remove basil and parsley.
5) Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot with salted water. Keep a cup of the past water right before draining.
6) Add pasta and 1/4 cup of the pasta water, stirring. Add cheese to taste. Add more water if necessary.
Have an amazing week!