While I love reading home decor magazines for their tips and tricks and beautiful interiors, I also love checking out the recipes as they’re often approachable and always in season. I came across this Vietnamese chopped salad with grilled chicken skewers and chili lime dressing and I immediately fell for the vibrant colours and interesting flavours. I modified the recipe the address my tastes and would definitely make it again! It’s a perfect healthy weeknight meal that will certainly yield leftovers.
Vietnamese Chopped Salad (adapted from Style At Home)
Chili Lime Dressing
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp sriracha
1 small bird’s eye chili, minced
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
1 red pepper, julienned
1 cup green cabbage, sliced thinly
1 cup red cabbage, sliced thinly
2 julienned heads of baby bok choy
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 ripe mango, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup basil and mint
1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, pan roasted
1/4 cup fried shallots
1) Make two portions of the dressing. Add the chicken to one portion and reserve the other portion.
2) Marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes-an hour.
3) Add all of the vegetables to a platter.
4) Thread the chicken onto soaked bamboo skewers and grill on the (lightly oiled) BBQ for about 6 minutes until cooked.
5) Drizzle the 2nd portion of dressing to taste on your veggies. Top with peanuts, shallots, herbs, and chicken.
This is great as a make ahead lunch for the week, just reserve the dressing!